A simple combination of the most seasonal flowers at this time; dahlias and celosia (cox comb) with accents of geranium leaves designed in a simple wooden box.
- 9x5x5 wooden box (with liner)
- 9x4.5x3 brick of floral foam (oasis)
- Small bunch of geranium leaves
- Ten stems of dahlias with foliage
- Six stems of celosia
- Make sure that the wooden container either has a metal or plastic liner or create one by lining the vase with cellophane.
- Fit the piece of oasis securely into the container so that it is snug against the sides of the container.
- Soak oasis with water (be sure not to allow water between the liner and the wooden box).
- Begin with geranium greens and cover oasis with greens.
- Add the celosia next leaving the dahlias for last.
- Use care when working with the dahlias because the heads have a tendency to break off easily.
(All non-floral supplies available at local craft stores).
Floral styling provided by .