Just off the coast of Panama sits three pristine islands, unmarred by modern man.
The trio of isles — known as the Cayonetas Islands — are home to over 19 miles of coastline, 1800 acres of land, and a whopping 50 beaches. They also house 12 new sub-species of birds that cannot be found on mainland.
Now, for the billionaire-friendly price of $100 million, they could be yours.
The Cayonetas Islands, located in Panama's Las Perlas archipelago, hit the market this week for the first time in over 35 years. According to , the father of German businessman Claus Mittermayer, who is selling the land, bought them in the 1970s.
Not just anyone can purchase the land though. Only those looking to transform the land in an eco-friendly way will be considered. (Perhaps Leonardo DiCaprio is interested in making his eco-resort a chain?) You'll also have to agree to work alongside sustainable development company in the process, and promise to develop only 30% of the islands, while leaving the other 70% undisturbed as a nature preserve.
We can get behind this philosophy — even if our bank accounts can't.